I’ve been dreaming of Finland for a long time and not long from now I plan to be there! As per usual, I am nowhere as detailed in planning as I had once thought I would be. There are some wishes that would be fun to fulfill. Here they are (in no particular order):
- Drinking sima in Finland. I brewed some of this as a teenager. Perhaps I can test the “real thing.”
- Having a sauna in Finland. Is this too obvious?
- Seeing an inland Saimaa ring seal in the Savonlinaa area.
- Traveling north of the Arctic Circle!
- Visiting reindeer on their own turf.
- Exploring libraries!
- Meeting relatives and new friends.
- Visiting a farm.
All good wish lists should include some stretch wishes that are unlikely to be fulfilled so that a return trip can be planned. I will need to work on my list further so that it can be well rounded. Right now I need to revisit my packing list and prepare to go!